I like to read books with "broken" characters. Usually there is an emotional or psychological issue with the character, but occasionally there is a physical handicap. It all started in elementary/middle school, when I would pick up books about suicidal, run away/kidnapped, drug addicted teenagers such as The Face on the Milk Carton. I thought I would share a list of some of my favorites.
- I Never Promised You a Rose Garden by Joanne Greenberg (I've read it so many times the cover is falling off)
- Room by Emma Donoghue (read my review)
- Change of Season by A. C. Dillon (read my review)
- Still Missing by Chevy Stevens (read my review)
- Before I Go to Sleep by S. J. Watson (read my review)
- Old Wounds series by N. K. Smith (read my review of book 1)
- Slave by Sherri Hayes (read my review)
- Plain Jane by Scheldia Benefield (read my review)
The rules are very simple if you’d like to take part:
1) Write for no longer than five minutes
2) No upper or lower word limits
3) You must write something new
4) You can prepare your post ahead of time but the 5 minute limit still applies
5) If you add your blog post to the weekly linky you must visit five other blogs that week too to show your support
Check The Indie Exchange every Friday for the new links!