The 5 Things Everyone Should Know About Me:
- I'm married to the coolest guy I know, a very talented musician (http://facebook.com/yaquinabay) and my best friend!
- I'm a Torah-observant Christian (kosher laws, Sabbath, holidays like Passover—I'm all over that!)
- I have an awesome family that I love very much.
- I love traveling.
- I love reading and writing (but you probably already guessed that!)
Top 5 Played Songs on my iTunes:
- "Delicate Goodbye" by Chaz Knapp
- "Romance" by Olafur Arnalds
- "United State of Pop 2009" by DJ Earworm
- "Raein" by Olafur Arnalds
- "The Sickness Unto Death" by Typhoon
Last 5 Books I Read:
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? By Mindy Kaling
- Lunch in Paris: A Love Story, with Recipes by Elizabeth Bard
Top 5 Favorite Authors (in no particular order because I can't choose!)
- JK Rowling
- John Marsden
- CS Lewis
- Samantha Young
- JRR Tolkien
Top 5 Favorite Movies (again, in no particular order)
- The Princess Bride
- Moulin Rouge
Last 5 Word Documents Open:
- This one (I'm writing in Pages right now, a word processor for Mac)
- Publishing Plan. Trying to get organized!
- My manuscript Connection, which I'm currently revising for a late November release date. It's about two friends who are rekindling their friendship and dealing with their strange telepathic connection when they find out they have supernatural powers.
- Another manuscript, currently untitled (the document name is "paris madison"). It's set in Paris and centers around a seventeen-year-old girl named Madison who is trying to become a Guardian, her magical world's peace-keeping force. Her dad disappeared two years ago and when they find an orb with his magic, she gets pulled into the world of illegal trading and selling of magic.
- A paper for my Anthropology class (African Film and Society) about the Senegalese movie, Mandabi.
The 5 Books from the Protectors series (by yours truly!):
- Shifting Light: a YA fantasy novella free on most retailers. The shape changers deal with the aftermath of a curse on their family from the Protectors.
- Fire and Light: second novella, the sequel to SL, set two years later.
- The End of Light: the final of the prequel novellas, set three years later.
- Promising Light: the first novel, set two years after End of Light. Grace, a young noble, must decide whether to help the shape changers break a curse set on their family.
- Promising Hope: After the events of Promising Light, Grace and the shape changers fight for the rights of the shifters and face the man who cursed their family.
This is the last day for my blog tour for the Protectors, so I thought I'd share the giveaway that we've had. You still have today and tomorrow to enter for a $15 Amazon Gift Card and the Protectors ebook and paperback packages!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thanks for having me, Donna! I've had fun writing this "Meet the Author" post!
Emily Ward is the author of Passages, Beyond Home, Finding Fiona, and The Protectors series. One of her first stories featured a young girl whose doll came to life. The rest is history. When it comes to fiction, she writes mainly young adult, contemporary, and fantasy. She also writes nonfiction, ranging from stories of her travels to thoughts on God and the Bible. Aside from writing, she’s also a content editor for Entranced Publishing. She loves reading, traveling, sociology, religion, and Reese’s sticks. Currently, she lives in Salem, Oregon with her husband Chris and their crazy cats.Connect with the Author:
The views, beliefs, and opinions expressed by guest post authors are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views, beliefs, or opinions of Girl Who Reads. Girl Who Reads is an advertising affiliate with Amazon and IndieBound; a small fee is earned when purchases are made using the above links.