|Charlie - who is terrified of cameras|
I have been wracking my brain all week to think of books about dogs. But as I mentioned in my World Animal Day post, I tend to shy away from books about animals. I came up with three books that I've read since I started blogging that a dog played an important role.
I read the children's book Buddy's Tail by K. Anne Russell (see my review). It wasn't too sad. There is a bit of saddness - my niece tried to read it and thought it was too sad.
|Schatz - my Jack Russell Terror|
So those are my dog books. But when trying to think of titles, mostly I came up with TV or movies. I loved watching Lassie and have watched some Clifford the Big Red Dog. Old Yeller was very sad, but I think I watched it every time it came on TV (Benji movies were the same way - I wanted a Benji dog). Maybe I just don't become as attached to animals that I see on the screen as I do on the page.
What dog books have you read/enjoyed?
#FlashFiveFriday is a weekly flash fiction / flash blogging promptSee more Flash Five Friday posts here.
The rules are very simple if you’d like to take part:
1) Write for no longer than five minutes
2) No upper or lower word limits
3) You must write something new
4) You can prepare your post ahead of time but the 5 minute limit still applies
5) If you add your blog post to the weekly linky you must visit five other blogs that week too to show your support